We are a dog friendly holiday park, and we encourage you to bring your four legged friend/s on holiday with you. There are however a few things that you’ll need to be mindful of when staying at the park with your dog/s.
We are a kiwi and weka sanctuary, we also have chickens and many other species of birds feeding, bathing and free-ranging on site. We love our natural environment and it is very important to us. Therefore, any dogs that are unable to be controlled in this environment unfortunately will not be allowed on our grounds. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
First and foremost, any dogs staying with us are totally at the discretion of park management and must be agreed to prior to your visit.
Any dogs staying with us will be subject to these rules and are a condition of your occupancy here:
- Guests are responsible for ensuring that their dogs are under control at all times.
- All dogs must be signed-in at reception
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times
- You must pick up after your dog
- We prefer all dogs to have some form of kiwi aversion training
- We do not accept dogs between 20th December and 7th January
- Dogs must not disturb other guests
- Any barking or chasing of birds or other animals will not be tolerated
- All dogs staying at the park will be subject to an additional charge
- Dogs staying in our accommodation will be subject to additional deep cleaning charges
- Dogs in our accommodation must have their own bed and must not be left in the accommodation on their own at any time
- Dogs must be clean and dry when entering accommodation and are not permitted on the furniture, including the public areas
- Dogs must be registered, microchipped and fully treated for fleas and worms – vaccinations must be up to date.
If your dog is in breach of any conditions, you may be asked to leave the park.
These rules are subject to change at any time by the proprietors or management, and also in consideration of local DOC recommendations, local and central government.