From $ 109.00 per night for 2 people
- Sleeps up to 8 people
- Extra adult from $20.00
- Extra child from $12.00
- Seasonal rates and stay periods may apply.
Russell’s Swordfish Club, is the oldest swordfish club in New Zealand and thought to be the second oldest in the world. This cottage was the original clubhouse situated on Russell Wharf before it was relocated in 1952.
Recently renovated back to a ship and fishing theme, it is a fun and private self contained cottage surrounded by abundant birdlife, including kiwi and North Island weka, with a deck and low gated backyard area, overlooking the stream and Orongo Bay. It's the perfect accommodation option for a family or small group.
Swordfish Cottage features:
- Bedroom One – The Captain’s Quarters – consists of a double bed, side tables and wardrobe.
- Bedroom Two – The Shipmate’s mess – Compact space with a set of single bunk beds
- Mezzanine loft space for kids to explore by way of a rope ladder with porthole type windows overlooking the lounge and kitchen areas.
- Bedroom Three – This is the hallway area which can be closed off as an additional bedroom space consisting of a further set of shipmate style bunk beds.
- All bed linen and towels are provided.
- Fully Equipped Kitchen with full oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, crockery and cutlery.
- Bathroom with toilet, sink with vanity, and shower.
- Lounge with TV, 2 sofas, including 1 sofa bed to sleep a couple
- Dining table & chairs
- Spacious outdoor deck and courtyard, fenced for kids??
- BBQ (Charcoal barbecue available for use on request)
- Patio furniture
- Highchair and porta cot available by prior arrangement and subject to availability
- Space for up to 2 cars. Boat parking by arrangement.
Number 141 on the park map.