Our vision is to make happy memories for all our guests by championing our unique natural environment and providing clean, well maintained facilities and exceptional customer service.
- Qualmark 4–star silver rated
- Committed to kaitiakitanga, sustainable tourism and Tiaki
- 2022 TIA Sustainable Innovation Award winner
- 2019 & 2021 Predator Free Award winner
- 2021 Finalist – New Zealand Tourism Awards, Community Engagement Award & Resilience and Innovation Award
- Members of the Holiday Parks Association NZ
- Serious about the Health and Safety of our employees and our guests
Manaakitanga is at the heart of everything we do. Through our values our team are committed to making you feel welcome and at home making sure you have all that you need during your stay with us. Our staff are knowledgeable about the area and can help you make the most of all there is to do in the winterless north. We ensure our facilities are clean and well maintained so our holiday park remains a unique and special place for you to enjoy. Leaving you to ‘Make memories as nature intended!’
Our kaitaiki here at Russell-Orongo Bay Holiday Park are committed to sustainable and environmental practices and have been for many years.
We also want to provide our guests with the matauranga (knowledge) they need to continue their own journey in kaitiakitanga and conservation.
In Te Ao Māori we aim to represent ourselves as Totara, tall and strong, watching over and protecting our little piece of ngāhere (forest), to ensure that our Holiday Park is one to enjoy for future generations.
We are committed to:
- Contributing to New Zealand’s reputation as a sustainable destination
- Making positive changes that help our environment and community
- Respecting the history and cultural heritage unique to this region
- Protecting native flora, fauna, marine and wildlife
The Tiaki Promise
Tiaki means to care for people, place and culture. New Zealand is precious, and everyone who lives and travels here has a responsibility to look after it. The Tiaki Promise is a commitment to care for New Zealand, for now and for future generations.
Russell-Orongo Bay Holiday Park Whakatauki
E koekoe te koko
E ketekete te kaka
E kuku te kereru
Haere taka mua
Kaua e whai
I ore ate tuatara ka puta ki waho
Whaia te matauranga hei orange mo koutou
Our ancestors recognized that like humans, every bird has it’s own unique characteristics, like the individual cry they make. They are distinct, and memorable. This Whakatauki supports our motto “Making memories as Nature intended” but also alludes to the idea that like our native bird species, we also carry the ability to have individualistic traits. It also then represents the importance of working together, to be a leader, not a follower and that a problem is solved by continuing to find solutions. We are very passionate about improving our sustainability and being advocates of Manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, wairuatanga and whanaungatanga, and hope to instil this with our core values, into every person who stays with us.