Family holidays are our forte!
We have so many things for kids and the whole family to enjoy when you stay with us we hope that you won’t hear the words ‘I’m bored!’
If you happen to be visiting during the school holidays we also run a Nature-based Holiday Programme – so you can let us take care of the kids for a day while you enjoy some kid free time.
So get the kids out and about with some of these activities when you stay with us:
- Swim in the saltwater pool – in the summer you probably won’t go much further than the pool, the kids just love it!
- Play on the playground, located by the pool.
- Walk the Kiwi Trail located at the back of the park. By day you may hear the Kiwi snoring in the ferns or discover holes in the ground where they have been poking around for bugs. At night, you may even see a kiwi! TAKE CARE! Follow our safety guide and keep yourselves safe on the trail.
- Make pizza in the wood fired oven.
- Swing on one of the many swings in the trees around the park or just chill in a hammock.
- Toast marshmallows at the fire pit.
- Discover the secret island (hint it’s on the edge of the property behind The Lodge), feed the eels on the bridge or try to spot the rare Pāteke ducks. In the Summer you can find some juicy blackberries to eat!
- Net fish in the stream. – nets are available to purchase in the shop
- Visit the weta cave.
- Go on a Nature Scavenger Hunt – see reception for a copy or download here
- Observe the Birdlife – We have up to 55 species of bird at the park. How many can you spot?
- Stargaze – Living in the city we often forget just how awe-inspiring and beautiful a sky free from light pollution really is. At the Holiday Park we intentionally keep our lighting low to make it easy for you to experience the spectacular starry night sky. StarWalk is a great app to use to spot the constellations.
- Play a board game or read a book – we have a range available in The Lodge
- Play table tennis – the equipment is available to borrow from reception
- Get a sweet treat or ice cream at the shop
- Build a den in the native bush. We are surrounded by 14 acres of native bush and there are many great spots for building a den.
- Play some sport on grassed areas. You can find a selection of things for purchase at the shop such as as cricket sets and frisbees.
- On rainy days if you’re stuck for something to do check out the shop for a selection of things available for purchase
- Hire a bike and take a ride around the park or one of the tracks in the region.
- Take a walk along the Boardwalk through the mangroves. Learn some history of the area or find the Geocache. The boardwalk is location across the road from the park.
Kids Unplugged Guide
We recommend grabbing a copy of our ‘Kids Unplugged’ guide from reception, it’s full of activities at the park, in Russell and the surrounding region.